TOP TIPS FOR SELLING YOUR HOUSE
If you want to sell your property for more $$, there are a number of simple and inexpensive tips to help you improve the kerb appeal of your house to prospective buyers. Guaranteed to help you stand out in the Mission Beach Real Estate market.
The very important first impression! Does your property or block of land look well maintained and loved?
- Mow, whipper snip and weed, including the footpath
- Trim bushes and remove any trees that touch the house
- Remove dead palm fronds/plants and take to the rubbish tip
- Place wheelie bins out of sight
- Pressure clean driveways
- Clean gutters, windows, doors, fascia and the eaves
- Clean out carports and garages (consider storing items off site)
- Check the pool, does it look well maintained and inviting?
- Check all windows and doors open easily
- Are the screens free from tears?
Real Estate buyers love clean, uncluttered, nice smelling homes! So even if it’s not spring in Mission Beach, it’s time to give it a big clean.
- Make sure the walls, ceilings, windows, blinds, fans, air-conditioners, floors, cupboards, showers, toilets, oven and grill are really clean and shiny.
- Curtains washed or dry cleaned and carpets and mats professionally cleaned.
- The smell of a property on arrival can make or break a sale. You may not smell the pet or tobacco odours but the buyer will.
- Put away things you don’t use everyday, chances are you have adapted to the cluttered look, so use a critical eye to remove items from view.
- STOP! Throwing them into cupboards and drawers is not the answer. Buyers will want to look inside them, so less is better.
- If necessary, remove excess furniture/clutter and store off site
- Fix any leaking taps and make sure all lights work
- Correct any obvious defects
- If painting is required, choose light neutral colours
- Let as much of our beautiful Mission Beach light in as possible, by lifting blinds and drawing back curtains
Make sure beds are made, layout out fresh towels, turn the lights on and make the house feel comfortable for the potential buyer on arrival.
The buyer needs to feel relaxed and not rushed while going through your home, so to make them feel comfortable it is best if you go out and leave your home in the agents hands.