THE CONTRACT PROCESS
Buying a home – what happens next?
Once you have decided to buy a property in Mission Beach, the process is pretty easy and straight forward and the contract can usually be ready to present to the seller within hours of you making your offer. Here’s what you can expect to happen:
- Have all of your contact details ready for us to transfer onto the contract;
- If you are borrowing, it’s good to have some idea of the time frame needed for finance to be approved (usually 21 days from the date the contract is signed is adequate);
- Know how much deposit you will be putting down (up to 10% of the purchase price);
- Have an idea of how long you will need before the contract settles (generally 30 – 45 days from the date the contract is signed);
- You are best protected using either a conveyancing firm or a solicitor – we can help you out there with some recommendations for you to call up and get quotes. You may want the contract looked over by your conveyancer or solicitor before signing;
- If purchasing a house or unit, consider the importance of a building and pest inspection. We can assist you here and recommend local trades to assist you and co-ordinate the inspections on your behalf;
- If you need any ‘special conditions’ inserted into the contract please make us aware of these at the time you make your offer (e.g. you may have to sell another property to finance this purchase so that needs to be stipulated in the contract);
- We are here to assist you and will keep you informed at every step along the way so don’t be concerned that you have to remember everything! Contact us at any time if you have questions about Mission Beach Real Estate.