What out-of-towners should know
February 23, 2022
The Mission Beach area is growing increasingly popular as a lifestyle choice and we’re delighted to say that the property market is booming!
When people are considering buying an investment property or moving to Mission Beach North Queensland, it helps to give them the heads up. Check out our helpful local guide:
21 things to know about Mission Beach
- The weather is almost always perfect
- Don’t expect things to happen fast .. everything is in slower motion in Mission Beach
- Accept the grass of course you can mow every 10 days
- The rainfall is measured in metres not inches
- Vodafone does not work at all in Mission Beach
- It might look close but it takes a very long time to swim to Dunk Island yes people have tried
- You will not go to the beach nearly as much as you think you will
- There are a lot more beaches than you originally thought
- Wallabies are common and are everywhere in South Mission Beach
- The prevailing weather comes from the southeast
- Yes, we do get surf. well at Bingil Bay, sometimes you see surfers
- When it rains it pours, so you will wonder where all that water went
- Cane toads aren’t your average backyard frog
- Everything is bigger in the north, spiders, snakes, cockroaches, plants and waterfalls
- Stingers are in that beautiful calm water in summer so don’t even think about putting your foot in, you can’t see their tentacles
- If you think it’s hot in December wait till the humidity kicks in, your first summer really is the worst one.
- A pool with a shade sail over it in a summer must have.
- Swimming in the stinger enclosure in summer is not refreshing it’s more like swimming in soup
- It takes at least 20 years to become a local
- You will fall in love with the place!
- Why is there so much property for sale? Well, that’s to keep all of us real estate agents in work of course!!
Property in Mission Beach
So, if you’d like to know more about properties for sale in Mission Beach or anything at all about the area, we’d love to help. Just reach out to your friendly, expert Mission Beach Real Estate agents, Andersons.